Saturday, January 08, 2005

Survival?

You know, I read an article like this--Outside View: America's Ukraine folly--and wonder in the end just what it is we are fighting for. If it is survival, a grim, dirty death struggle to be the last man standing, what will be left that will be worth having survived for? Though this may not be popular at all, there are things that used to be considered worse than death. To have purchased your survival at the cost of everything else or at the cost of principles was seen as worse by far. That is what made Thomas More a hero. Today he would be considered a fool?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

During Reagan's time, I am sure that the article's author would have the first to oppose his views. America has to play to win not to appease. (If you want peace, prepare for war.) And a main premise of the article is incorrect - that there is no current Cold War. It never went away for Putin/Kremlin. Personally, I think that the whole situation is stupid based on it being post-Soviet communism. Unfortunately, the mindset remains.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I have started up a new blog located at www.publiuspundit.com. It will
be my *attempt* to cover democratic revolutions around the world, such
as in Ukraine, Iran, etc.

I have already linked to you, because I think you have very relevant
content to what I myself will be talking about. I hope you will think
the same about me, and return the favor.

Thank you for your time!
-Robert Mayer

PS: I couldn't seem to find your email on the site. The best I could do was post here in the comments section. I hope you will get back to me soon.